Intro

Once upon a time, a girl woke up and thought she'd like to share her thoughts. At first, she felt lost, since she didn't know if all her thoughts can be shared. On her way to find her place in the internet world, she realised, she can publish whatever she loves, so here we go...

Friday 1 November 2013

Ideal Home: November Issue

I'm little late with November issue, so I apologise for that. We've had a lot of visitors over past couple of weeks what has put me little bit behind with my work. Well, enough of excuses, let's present you what has interested me in this month issue!



I love the front page image of a traditional rustic lounge, so I went straight to page 28 where I could read more about it. The moodboard is called Woodland Chic and it's combination of natural material such as wood with natural colour palette of nude, pastel blue and beige. 


The wallcovering is from Sanderson, Squirrel and Dove, £45 per roll. It's a great representation of a forest world and it suits very well with overall design; however, it might be a little too expensive. Here comes perfect Ideal vs Great Deal column where Ideal Home magazine always prepares some cheaper alternatives affordable for everyone, which are very close to the original styles. In this case, they suggested a little bit more modern look, a Trees and Birds wallpaper from Homebase for only £9,99 per roll.


Here are some examples of beautiful and cosy decoration ideas from soft pillows to charming Owl book ends.




The overall look
On page 37, I've found a very nice and warm design of a breakfast room within a Victorian villa. 


Here are some examples of furniture style I adore. The image on the left shows a green John Lewis armchair inspired by 50's or 60's designs what reminds me of my grandparents furniture and it brings back some warm memories. I definitely have to get one of these for my house one day! 

The image on the right side: (quote) Mix of classic British furniture and fabrics with offbeat contemporary details. I don't think anything else needs to be added, it's just a perfect balance in design.



Getting to the end of the magazine, there is a great Hot Spot suggestion: Crouch End, a haven of hidden treasures. There are a lot of little shops or outside market, where you can find some very original and vintage treasures for your home. Go, have a look and let me know, what you find there (:


On the end, I decided to include as well some marketing adverts of products I find attractive: Dibor, iron french style, and Dobbies, garden centres.






(All images are own by IdealHome magazine and are subjected to copyright matter.)
(Presentation is my own and subjected to copyright matter.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...