Intro

Once upon a time, a girl woke up and thought she'd like to share her thoughts. At first, she felt lost, since she didn't know if all her thoughts can be shared. On her way to find her place in the internet world, she realised, she can publish whatever she loves, so here we go...

Saturday 1 February 2014

Ideal Home: February Issue 2014

In this month issue I was mostly impressed by very bold interior design of a 4-bedroom Edwardian house from "Take the 60-second Tour" section. The owner of the house mixed bright colours of orange, red, yellow, green, blue, etc. Usually I skip right through designs of this kind of colour calibre because I'm not a big fan of too many colours in one room (in my opinion combination of too many bold colours usually causes rather a chaotic damage than a beautiful design). This time, I have really given a time to absorb those colours and I've found myself being a fond of this particular well-balanced colour mixture. Well, judge yourself if you like it:


Recently I've became a real marine lover. I love the navy blue colour, love the marine prints on textures, love blue and white stripe clothes, I just love it all. Therefore, there is no surprise I was really excited about "Make everything Shipshape" article. It covers a house turned into home celebrating marine moodboard. You can find there everything: from blue prints, industrial elements, lanterns, pictures of boats; it has it all.

Here, on this page, I was especially nicely surprised with image of my favourite joules wellies, which I used in my St. Nicholas poster. One day I'll have them in my possession (:

My last contribution to the magazine follows Colour School section, where their stylist works with Teal blues this time. I couldn't decide if I like it or don't. The combination of colours is great, I used it in one of my designs: teal blue goes perfectly with primrose-yellow, put there some beige or brown and you've got a nice colour palette. However, it might be easily overdone, as I think happened here:

The design has a potential but in my opinion it ended up looking like a section from Ikea. However, it's only about my personal taste and since I would give it like 3 stars out of 5, I decided to include it my post as some braver people might like it or even love it ;)

(All images are own by IdealHome magazine and are subjected to copyright matter.)
(Presentation is my own and subjected to copyright matter.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...